Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sticks and Stats

Mom took me to a new vet last night - one who practices Eastern medicine as well as conventional medicine. She stuck me full of needles and I looked like a metal porcupine! It was a little scary at first but then I relaxed and dozed off.

I'm also on a new diet. Today I've had some stew made with ground turkey, sweet potatoes, spinach, carrots, and mushrooms. I love it! I also get some special herbs. And my pred and a multi-vitamin.

The WORST is that I can't have any more peanut butter and cheese right now! Still, I feel pretty good today so I guess I can give up the PB and cheese for awhile.

Mom looked back for several months. She remembers that my voice changed last fall when she had the new roof put on the house. Smokey and I barked at the workmen a lot. The vet thought maybe I had barked myself hoarse. Sometimes I sounded hoarse and my voice was higher pitched. Didn't stop me from joining in with Smokey though.  Over the winter I was a little ouchy when getting out of my chair after Smokey and I had been romping in the yard. Mom thought that was because I'm getting middle-aged and Smokey plays pretty rough. I got knocked around, but I 'm a tough girl. Not sure if either had anything to do with my cancer, but I'm just sayin' that you need to watch the changes in your pet.

Remember I went off my food in the middle of April and was diagnosed with cancer on May 3. I had chemo treatments on May 11, 18, 25, and June 1. I had a week off but the cancer was back by June 15 and I've had no chemo since June 1.

I'm still here 2 months after my diagnosis with GI lymphoma. I think I'll stay a little longer.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...sounds like a fantastic recipe! We'll have to lobby for our mom to make some for us. We got some salmon last night. All we have to do is be ourselves and we get good stuff.

    Me, Zeke, had acupuncture for my hip dysplasia, and it helped a lot. I don't know how, or why, but it did. Plus I liked the vet who did the treatments, and I had a crush on her dog. And there were treats involved.

    Keep up the good livin'!

    love from punkin & zeke

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. thanks for keeping us up to date!

    p.p.s. glad you like the wellness treats. :]

    ReplyDelete