Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Every day is an eating challenge

I ate like a hog on Saturday. When I woke up Sunday I didn't feel so good. I moped and looked miserable all day; the exact opposite of Saturday. In the evening I threw up and in a few hours I felt better enough to eat some turkey stew before I went to bed.

Food was good on Monday but I slipped away from mom and ate grass in the afternoon. It's Tuesday, I'm not feelin' so hot again. I had some breakfast and a mid-morning snack. Mom has been cooking turkey stew all morning in the crock pot - a turkey leg with sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, mushrooms, and broccoli. Mom says it's ready when I am but I'm not ready yet. She said there are a surprising number of small flat bones in a turkey leg. She thinks she got them all out. She has to squish all the meat through her fingers to make sure (pretty awful for a vegetarian!) to make sure because we have not come all this way to have me choke on a bone!

Smokey went to see his friend April today. He was beginning to look fuzzy and hot. She will give him a bath and a haircut and cut his nails and he will be so handsome when we go to pick him up. In the meantime, I'm coolin' on the cool floor hoping I feel better real soon.

1 comment:

  1. We are some lucky dogs to have such devoted moms, ya? Hope the stew was an irresistible temptation to your appetite.

    Did Smokey's new look perk you up? Bet he looks like a million bucks, give or take a few million inches of hair.

    We got completely and delightfully soaked this morning during our walk at Piney Z. It was beautiful -- dark gray waters, light gray sky, glowing green plants, and white egrets. Got squawked at by a moorhen, and when a possum crossed the trail right in front of us, we went berserk.

    Love from your across-town fans,
    P&Z

    ReplyDelete