Saturday, August 6, 2011

Voted off the Planet - August 29, 2004 - July 9, 2011

Well, cancer voted me off the planet on July 9, 2011. It was a hard battle for all of us but cancer won. Mom was so sure I would beat the odds but it was not to be. I was just too tired and in too much pain to fight any longer. I almost made it to 7.

Smokey might pick up the BLOG later but for how he is getting used to being the only dog. Sometimes he misses me. He says it's no fun to run around the yard by himself. Mom takes him for a long walk every day and that's good for both of them. Mom still eats too much ice cream. Sometimes Smokey sleeps in my bed. Mostly he likes not sharing mom's attention. Is that a male thing?

I was cremated and mom has my ashes in a pretty wooden box. She says we might all take a trip this fall. Thanks to everyone who was pulling for me to beat the cancer. It really meant a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment