Monday, May 23, 2011

I am home

I spent the night at the hospital getting fluids and medicine. I was so happy to see mom this afternoon, especially when she took me outside and I peed for about 5 minutes! Home is the best place. I ate some treats and I've had all my pills including my anti-nausea pill. I don't feel like eating real food yet - dry or canned. Maybe tomorrow.

While we were waiting to see the doctor last night, mom read an article about cancer in dogs. Cancer is on the rise in dogs and cats. The article said one dog in four will develop cancer. Watch your pet for any changes in eating or activity or anything that your pet does differently - especially rapid weight loss, lack of appetite and lethargy - and see your vet right away.

I have one special treat that I like right now and I refuse to eat any others even if I ate them before. Mom says I am getting awfully picky for a dog that's lost 10 pounds. She says I have to eat. She's just not feeding me the right food - ha. I'll show her.

Like tonight she boiled an organic chicken breast with some organic white rice. Mom's a vegetarian so meat is not commonly found in our house. I've turned chicken and rice down before, but tonight it tasted really, really good. Smokey got a little bit of chicken and rice but I got most of it. Time to go  peacefully to sleep on mom's bed. I think she's gonna cook me more chicken tomorrow so I'll dream about that.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sierra,

    We are glad to know that you're feeling better! and we want to know what those special treats are.

    Wags to Smokey, too!

    Punkin & Zeke

    P.S. We're pretty good spellers for a bunch of canines, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete