Thursday, May 26, 2011

To Gainesville and back - again

We went to Gainesville on Wednesday to see if I was fit enough for another dose of chemo. Yes! I was!

Even though I've lost the weight I had gained back all my other signs were good. I had another shot of vincristine. I have a new vet and a new student vet. They rotate every two weeks so everyone will get to meet me. Mom waited with me so I only went in the back for a physical exam and to have my blood drawn. Then we sat outside in the courtyard before it got too hot when we came inside to wait. Lots of people came up to pet me and tell me how cute I am. I had to go in the back to have my shot and then we got to go home. 
I slept most of the way home and no vomiting. Here I am with my pink badge of bravery.

I still only want chicken but Smokey eats the rice and dog food and sweet potato. He gets a little chicken too so he doesn't feel left out. He was so happy to see us come home he had to run outside and roll in the grass. It's more fun when his fur is longer because more leaf litter 'sticks' to his fur and he can bring it inside.


One good thing about no rain is that the mosquito population is down. It might rain a little on Friday. The wrens worked on their mailbox nest and if you look closely you can see an egg. Mom thinks there are at least four, maybe five eggs, and the wrens are sitting on them. We have to make sure they stay safe from harm. 
 We have not had rain in more than a week and mom needs to water the plants every day. It was foggy on Thursday morning. The blank spot in the pollinator garden is a new section and things are just starting to grow there.


Mom is going to give me more chicken and raw carrots later. Maybe she'll make another scrambled egg too. I used to like scrambled eggs but last night I forgot I did until Smokey started eating it and then I remembered I liked it so I ate some too. Maybe all t his medication has made my taste buds go ker-flooey.


I'm going to take another nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment