Tuesday, June 21, 2011

AHHHH! Snake!

I'll get to that in a minute. Last night I felt uncomfortable. My tummy was distended and mom thought, "uh oh."

But I was fit as a fiddle this morning. Mom thinks maybe she overfed me yesterday. I will have to disabuse her of THAT idea real quick. I'm happy to eat a couple cups of dry dog food (with peanut butter and fish oil) plus some chicken and roast beef slices and whatever doggie biscuits she'll throw my way.

We just went outside. Smokey and I chased some squirrels. Mom sat on the glider and I came over to visit. I think Smokey was digging under a log. Anyway, there is this PLOP next to us. We thought it was a stick but it was a Snake! A little gray rat snake about 2 feet long that was trying to swallow a wren! Now a wren is a small bird but maybe a little too big for this snake.

I'm sure the fall knocked the breath out of the snake but more than that it thought, 'Oh Crap! I'm on the ground. I have to get this darned bird out of my mouth or I can't crawl away!" It slithered into the leaf litter and mom had to dispose of the dead bird before Smokey or one of the cats found it. I decided I didn't want a snake to fall on my head so I went inside.

I know mom cooked some chicken thighs this morning so I'm trying to convince her to give one to me. I'll probably have to share with Smokey though.

No comments:

Post a Comment