Friday, June 3, 2011

Matching purse and shoes

After they took my blood (maybe they are vampires? They always want my blood first.) I stayed with mom in the waiting area. In addition to dogs there was a ferret and a colorful parrot almost as big as me! Some of the dogs were very nervous and cried a lot. I know those dogs got lots of special attention to calm them down. There are old dogs and not so old dogs and most have bald patches like me. There was a dog with a cast on its leg that made a thumping noise when it walked - it was clearly worried about what was going to happen. One little dog ran up to sniff my tail and I let it know that was NOT acceptable. There were some cats too.

We're not the only family that comes from far away. The diagnostic equipment and knowledge is top-notch at the small animal hospital. It's definitely a place to go when the local vet is stumped.

If you are of mom's generation then you remember when a woman's purse and shoes had to match. Surely this was some ploy driven by the fashion industry which, happily, does not seem to matter these days. After my chemo treatment on Wednesday the staff wrapped a purple bandage around the IV spot that matched my purple leash. So here I am with matching 'purse and shoes.' I look a little out of it don't I? I had to be sedated a because it took 20 minutes for the IV drip. I got lots of other drugs too - anti-nausea and something to prevent an allergic reaction plus the woozy drug. No wonder I look stoned.


I slept soundly allllllll the way home with my head on my paws between the front seats so mom could pat me easily.


 I got a new tag while I was there. Does this make me part of the 'Gator Nation'?

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I'm happy to hear that Sierra is doing so well :) I love reading about all of her (and her mom's) adventures.
    -Renee

    ReplyDelete