Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'm still kicking

I'm gaining weight and eating well. Mom still gives me chicken and roast beef but I eat at least 2 cups of dry food a day, but mom has to mix it with a little fish oil (which I would not touch a two weeks ago) and my FAVORITE peanut butter. My ribs are not so pronounced although my hip bones and backbone still stick up a little. I don't have much energy (who does in this heat??) and I probably sleep more than I used to but I'm still kicking.

This is what I had to eat yesterday: 2 cups of dry food with fish oil and peanut butter, a drumstick, a thigh, 4 slices of roast beef, and some treats. I'm still getting my prednisone, antibiotic, and multi-vitamin (in peanut butter). No vomiting and no runs and I don't really want to eat grass anymore. I know the cancer is still with me but I think all of those chemo drugs are about out of my system now.

I admit that Smokey is not all that happy about the return to dry dog food but he'll adjust. However, mom baked some chicken so we need to have a snack now.







2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your grub! We like to eat grass even when we are feeling good. Mom goes on high alert when we do, because she often thinks we've found something bad for us (but oh so delicious).
    Hope your mom has climbed a few steps above the deepest depths of despair . . . We hope she knows that our mom is ready to help in whatever way she might want to ask for.
    love from P&Z
    p.s. We are bad dogs, because we like to end sentences with prepositions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry to hear about the bad news with Sierra's ultrasound. Sounds like she is doing pretty well though, still eating and not eating grass! I wish her the best and will continue to follow her on the blog. She was one of my favorite patients from schoo and its nice to be able to follow up!

    ReplyDelete