Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Thought I was gonna die last week but I rallied

She didn't mean it, but mom tried to kill me last week. I started throwing up again and I stopped eating. Mom stopped giving me prednisone because it has to be taken with food, and I didn't want any food. Not even peanut butter! I was feeling pretty puny I can tell you. On Saturday I was taking a nap on mom's bed and she lay down with me. I managed to croak out (faintly) "give me prednisone."

She got it! We went downstairs and she put the pred in a little cheese which I managed to get down. In a few hours I felt like eating some chicken. So now I'm back on the pred and getting a couple tablespoons of chicken every 2 or 3 hours.

I think Smokey has about had it with me. He's annoyed because I won't run and tumble with him. Sometimes he tears around the yard by himself but you can tell he doesn't really enjoy it. We all (well, me and Smokey and mom) went for a short walk; the cats stayed home. That was nice so we'll do it again. Mom just doesn't want to wear me out but we like sniffing new grass.

In any case, Smokey has submitted these grievances to mom:
1. Why do I have to sit to get one treat and SHE gets a handful without having to do anything?
2. Why doesn't SHE have to eat dry dog food and I do?
3. You think I don't see, but why does SHE get 4 times as much chicken as I do?
4. Why do I get yelled at when SHE growls at me because SHE thinks I'm in her space?

I probably do get more attention than Smokey does right now, but one day I won't be here and he'll get all the attention. He's just feeling sorry for himself. He'll get over it.

At last we've had several thunder storms and rain. We like to sit on the screened porch and watch the rain and the birds. They are very happy and all the flowers and bushes have perked up.

I'm going to take a nap now.

2 comments:

  1. My heart goes to you and Sierra. I am also dealing with my pomeranian boy who has melanoma sarcoma. He does not want to eat...
    Ask your vet to prescribe HILLS' PRESCRIPTION A/D - it's the prescription diet for critical care. I mix the food with hot water and put the food on my boy using 10 ml syringe. The food is smooth and well blended, and so it's fairly easy to use syringe.

    Well, at least she'll get some nutrition rather getting only a small piece of chicken at a time.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi FancyNancy, the first time Sierra had AD she ate it up but since then she has turned up her nose at it. I did try the syringe thing once but it was messy and Sierra didn't like it. She usually gets a multi-vitamin each day. Not today because she's off her food but maybe tomorrow she'll be eating again. I hope your boy gets better. Dealing with canine cancer can be a challenge. Check this web site http://www.helpyourdogfightcancer.com/.

    ReplyDelete